Since 2016, Breast Cancer Awareness Month has been a key initiative for 11 Cares sponsor 84 Lumber. Each year, the company changes its iconic “84? logo to pink on all digital platforms, donates to various charitable organizations, spreads awareness, shares inspiring stories and more.
“As a woman-owned company, we are always looking for ways to celebrate and support women,” said Amy Smiley, vice president of marketing for 84 Lumber. “Breast Cancer Awareness Month is close to our hearts, and we are proud to use our platforms and resources to help out those who are impacted by the disease.”
In addition to changing the digital company logo to pink, 84 Lumber is making various donations and launching new partnerships in an effort to raise awareness for breast cancer, including:
- Donating $25,000 to Magee Women’s Research Institute and Foundation. The donation will be put toward breast cancer research.
- Donating $100,000 to breast cancer survivors on a national TV show. The donation will be a surprise, so stay tuned for more information on how you can watch the episode.
- Changing the logo to pink on the sponsored dasher boards at Pittsburgh Penguins home games throughout October.
- For the first time, partnering with the local business owner of Curly Tail Coffee to raise awareness and funds through her coffee truck business. Curly Tail created a special pink drink and pink blend coffee beans, both branded with 84 Lumber logos and the breast cancer ribbon. 84 Lumber will be donating $1 per pink drink and $3 per bag sold to the Susan G. Komen organization.
- Donating 25 gift baskets to breast cancer patients at a local women’s hospital. Gift baskets will contain Curly Tail Coffee, pink tumblers, blankets and other necessities.
- Partnering with an influencer and breast cancer survivor, Meghan Koziel of the “She Sparkles On” blog. Meghan is open about her breast cancer journey and shares her story in hopes that it helps or inspires others. This October, 84 Lumber is donating materials for her and her husband to build an outdoor kitchen in their backyard. Meghan will be sharing the process of building the kitchen and even sharing her story on 84 Lumber’s social media channels.
- Sponsoring “Toss Our Tops” on WLTJ Q 92.9 in Pittsburgh. For every free Q92.9 FM pink shirt that the radio station “tosses,” one dollar goes to A Glimmer of Hope, a Pittsburgh-based breast cancer foundation.
84 Lumber is the largest privately-held building materials supplier in the nation. To learn more about 84 Lumber and its charitable initiatives, follow the company on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn.