Special Equipment: 8 small ovenproof jars or ramekins
1. Preheat oven to 150°C (300°F).
2. Heat milk and heavy cream in a saucepan until it just starts to steam. Remove from heat and whisk in freshly brewed espresso.
3. Whisk together egg yolks, eggs and sugar. Pour half of the cream mixture into the eggs and sugar, whisking briskly to combine. Now pour the yolk and cream mixture back into the pot with the remaining cream mixture, whisking continuously until combined. Carefully pour custard mixture into 8 small mason jars.
4. Place jars or ramekins in a large casserole dish and fill the dish with about 2.5 cm (1 inch) of boiling water. Cover with aluminium foil. Transfer casserole dish to oven and bake for 90 minutes or until puddings have set with a slight crust around the edges. You should still see a slight jiggle in the middle.
5. Remove the casserole dish from the oven, carefully remove the jars, and let cool. Transfer jars to refrigerator to chill completely.
6. Top with tufts of thick whipped cream and dust with cocoa powder to serve. Buon appetito!
Reviewed By This Is Article About Coffee custard (caffè in forchetta) | Custard recipes was posted on have 4 stars rating.