1. Preheat oven to 425 F and follow thawing directions of frozen crust packaging.
2. In a pan, add oil and sweat onions until translucent. Add chopped carrots and cook for about 5 minutes, until somewhat tender, but still firm, then add sliced mushrooms, rosemary and thyme to the pan and cook for another 8 minutes, turning over to get an even cook. Once finished, turn off heat.
3. In a separate medium – large pot add butter until melted, then flour to create your roux (a paste-like mixture). Add salt and pepper, and gradually stir in the milk, then the broth and stir until bubbly and thickened.
4. Stir in the chicken, cooked carrots and mushrooms, thawed peas, and parsley until the filling appears consistent throughout. Remove from heat, and add mixture to your bottom crust.
5. Using the remaining frozen bottom crust, carefully remove from its tin and place on top of your filled pie. Crimp top and bottom edges together and vent the top with a few holes by slicing with a knife, about ½ inch wide.
6. Beat egg for the wash, and gently glaze the top of the pie. Bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until golden brown. During the last 15 – 20 minutes of bake time, cover pie with foil to avoid burning the edges. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Reviewed By This Is Article About How to Make Chicken Pot Pie: Easy Recipe & Step-By-Step Directions was posted on have 4 stars rating.