McDonald’s teen staffers shot

McDonald’s teen staffers shot

Three McDonald’s employees in Oklahoma City suffered gunshot wounds when a customer opened fire because she was angry that the restaurant’s dining area was closed because of the coronavirus pandemic, police said Thursday.

Gloricia Woody, 32, was in custody after the Wednesday night shooting on four counts of assault and battery with a deadly weapon, said police Capt. Larry Withrow.

It was not known if Woody has an attorney, Withrow said.

Woody entered the restaurant’s lobby and was told the dining room was closed for safety reasons, Withrow said.

“(Woody) was asked to leave but refused,” leading to a physical altercation between Woody and one employee,” according to Withrow.

“The suspect was forced out of the restaurant by employees. She reentered the restaurant with a handgun and fired approximately three rounds in the restaurant,” Withrow said.

One employee was shot in the arm, one suffered a shrapnel wound in the shoulder area and another employee was struck in the side by shrapnel. The employee who fought with Woody suffered a head injury during the altercation, police said.

Two of the employees are 16 years old and the others are 18, Withrow said. He did not know which employees were wounded by the gunfire.

Police initially said two employees were struck by gunfire.

McDonald’s CEO Chris Kempczinski told ABC’s “Good Morning America” that the employees were expected to make a full recovery.

The shooting comes amid tensions over restrictions because of efforts to curb the coronavirus pandemic, as well as how people are responding to ongoing efforts to reopen portions of the United States shut down by the virus.

Tensions have escalated into violence elsewhere in the country.

This week, a woman, her adult son and husband were charged in last week’s fatal shooting of a security guard who refused to let her daughter enter a Family Dollar in Flint, Michigan, because she wasn’t wearing a face mask to protect against transmission of the coronavirus.

— Associated Press

History channel series to feature Bill Clinton

The History channel says former President Bill Clinton will help shape and be a part of an upcoming documentary series on the American presidency.

During an announcement of programming plans on Thursday, the network said the series will “explore the history of the American presidency and the struggle for a more perfect union.”

It is being produced internally by the History channel and is expected to air in early 2021.

History says it has signed with historian Doris Kearns Goodwin to make presidential miniseries on Abraham Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt. Goodwin’s signing comes after “Washington,” released earlier this year, became the most-watched miniseries on cable over the past three years.

The Roosevelt project is being made by Leonardo DiCaprio‘s production company, History said.

-— Associated Press

Court: ‘Comedians’ is Seinfeld’s show

Jerry Seinfeld‘s “Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee” was his creation despite copyright claims by a one-time collaborator who helped direct the first episode, an appeals court said Thursday.

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Manhattan ruled against writer Christian Charles in a five-paragraph written order upholding a decision by Judge Alison J. Nathan.

It concluded a case over a popular show that debuted in 2012, originating as an online streaming program that was distributed by Sony Pictures Television through Crackle before being sold to Netflix in 2017.

Days ago, Seinfeld told reporters while promoting his new Netflix special, “Jerry Seinfeld: 23 Hours to Kill,” that he might be finished with it after 11 seasons and 84 episodes.

Charles said in his February 2018 lawsuit that he worked with Seinfeld on projects for nearly two decades, including on American Express commercials and the documentary “Comedian.”

The lawsuit sought $150,000 for each infringement of a copyright Charles obtained with a slightly different title: “Comedians in Cars Going for Coffee.”

Seinfeld’s lawyers said Charles only sued after learning Netflix had allegedly paid $750,000 per episode.

— Associated Press


Source link Coffee History

Coffee Shop Millionaire

Author Bio

About "McDonald’s teen staffers shot"

Reviewed By This Is Article About McDonald’s teen staffers shot was posted on have 5 stars rating.

Comment Area