A man trying to protect himself from coronavirus got a painful shock when what he thought was a hand sanitizer dispenser ended up being a hot coffee pot.
Security camera footage captured the unfortunate mistake at a grocery store in the southern Brazilian state of Paraná last Friday.
After walking inside the shop, the man headed directly for a stand and placed his right hand under dispenser, planning to disinfect himself.
But the man is left shaking his hand in pain after the scorching hot coffee poured out onto his hands.
A man at a southeastern Brazil store attempts to clean his hands with hand sanitizing gel before burning his hand with coffee
Surveillance video inside a store in Brazil recorded the moment a customer burned his hand when he confused coffee for hand sanitizer
He is then seen shaking his head and looking around to make sure that nobody else witnessed the embarrassing gaffe.
The blunder might have left the man red-faced, but his intentions were in the right place.
The World Health Organization advises the public to regularly wash their hands with soap and water or to clean the hands with alcohol-based hand sanitizer to prevent the spread of coronavirus
The WHO also says people should refrain from touching their eyes, nose and mouth because it is easy to be contaminated.
The health experts indicate covering the mouth and nose with inside of the elbow or by utilizing a tissue when sneezing and coughing.
The deadly disease has caused at least 22,184 deaths and infected more than 490,000 people around the world, as of Wednesday.
Brazil’s health ministry said has registered 61 deaths and 2,589 confirmed cases due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The health conscious man looked around to make sure nobody witnessed the mistake he made when he pressed down on a coffee dispenser thinking it actually was filled with hand sanitizer