Saturday Edition, 29 August 2020. (Image: Getty)
It’s the last weekend of August and the next season is just around the corner.
Relax this weekend with some of our best lifestyle reads to enjoy on the couch, in bed, or somewhere with a coffee (or tea) in hand.
1) Lavender sales surge as lockdown affects sleep – Here’s how the wonder herb can help you
If you found yourself battling insomnia throughout the lockdown – you’re not alone. (Read more)
2) Bessie Head’s A Question of Power centres the voice of black women in a changing Africa
Bessie Head’s was an identity in limbo by apartheid standards – an abyss. A Question of Power introduces us to a protagonist with the same baggage. (Read more)
3) Craving stylish summer reads? Here are the latest fashion books perfect for your coffee table
As we anticipate the return of warm weather, what will you be reading this season? (Read more here)
4) Lesley-Ann Brandt on her character in Lucifer: ‘She deserves happiness’
Channel24’s Film and TV editor Leandra Engelbrecht spoke to Lesley-Ann Brandt about the fifth season of Lucifer. (Read more)
F1 driver Carlos Sainz Jr. (Image: Getty Images)
5) Where has Formula One gone so wrong?
While the reasons for the F1’s overtaking ills are primarily technical in nature, they are also manipulated by the sport’s darker and unseen DNA: money, politics and vested interests. (Read more)
6) What to cook for supper? Your bumper guide to gourmet meal kits in South Africa
Gourmet meal kits have been listed as food trends to watch out for. Fast forward to 2020 and fresh, easy-to-make or readily prepared dishes are more popular than ever. (Read more)
7) Local CEO shares her insights on how lockdown has impacted working moms
For many South Africans, lockdown has meant mastering the fine art of juggling competing priorities: the personal and the professional. (Read more)
WANT MORE? If you enjoy the Saturday Edition and want to get access to more lifestyle content, sign up for News24’s daily newsletter ‘Life’. The curated newsletter aims to make your life a little easier with a collection of healthy living tips, relaxing reads, tasty recipes, TV and movie suggestions, and much more. Sign up here.
Reviewed By This Is Article About SATURDAY EDITION | Grab a coffee (or tea) and enjoy these 7 lifestyle reads was posted on have 5 stars rating.