- Cake Base:
12 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ¼ cups Greek yogurt
2 1/2 cups cake flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cinnamon Streusel:
1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons unsalted cold butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Start by making the cake base. Mix together room temperature butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy — don’t over mix.
- Add in one egg at a time. Continue mixing, occasionally scraping down sides of bowl with a spatula.
- In a separate bowl, combine vanilla extract and Greek yogurt.
- Using a third bowl, combine the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the egg mixture, then add 1/3 of the yogurt mixture. Mix and repeat until all ingredients are combined.
- Set aside cake mixture and get a new bowl for cinnamon streusel.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, and butter in a bowl. Mix with a fork to get the crumbly texture, being careful not to over mash it into a paste.
- Grease your muffin tin or mini loaf pan. Add 1/3 of your batter in the pan, then sprinkle a layer of streusel. Repeat, adding another layer of batter and then streusel on top. Aim for your pan to be about two-thirds full (it’s OK if it’s a little over, it just may need a few extra minutes to bake).
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (mine took about 17 minutes), then let cool for a few minutes before removing from pan.
- Eat it with a freshly brewed cup of coffee!
- Approximately 24 mini muffins
- Prep Time
- 30 minutes
- Cook Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 44 minutes, 59 seconds