Chef Ryan Lowder from The Daily came by the kitchen to show us a delicious dinner recipe.
Spicy Chickpeas and Tuna
-2 Roasted, peeled red peppers (canned peppers work great)
-2 cups canned chickpeas
-Bok choy (arugula or romaine also work well)
-Celery bias cut
-Red onion pedals
-Good canned tuna
1. Peel the peppers and place in a blender.
2. Add salt and sambal until peak deliciousness and desired heat (from sambal) are achieved. Mix chickpeas with Sambal.
3. Toss the vegetables with salt, olive oil, sunflower seeds and rice vinegar. Add the chickpea sambal mix and then the canned tuna.
-1 cup wild rice
-4 cups water
-A pinch of salt
-Cook rice in a rice cooker or on the stove top
-2 tablespoon curry powder
-1 cup coconut milk
-1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
-1 teaspoon fresh turmeric minced
-1/2 teaspoon garlic minced
-2 tablespoons onion minced
1. Heat canola oil in a pan and add ginger, turmeric, garlic, and onion sauté for a couple minutes.
2. Add coconut milk and curry, cook until add ingredients are tender
3. For egg poaching- Bring a 2 qt pot of water to boil with a tablespoon of vinegar and a tablespoon of salt. Crack eggs (2-4) into a small cup or plate so it can easily slide into the water. When the water is boiling, turn off burner and swirl the water in one direction. Add eggs, cover for 5 minutes with no heat. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon
Frozen peas work great for this!
Add curry mix to peas in a pan and cook until warm. While it’s cooking, toss your rice with sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, red onion, and a little salt. Place in a bowl. Top with curried peas and finally your egg.
If you like coffee, pastries, breakfast, and lunch, visit The Daily in SLC! They’re open weekdays from 7am-3pm for dine-in and takeaway. Check out their website and Instagram for more info!
Reviewed By This Is Article About The perfect wild rice bowl recipe was posted on have 5 stars rating.